Hi, can anyone living in Antalya direct me to info about what's on during the first week of April? Theatre, cinema, exhibitions etc? I'm coming to the big city for a few days r and r! Will make a change from Datca! Many thanks.
Having said all that, I wonder why you have chosen to go to Antalya. It is a very busy city with lots of noisy traffic. The beach there has sharp stones and the last time I was there my feet bled from them. Far nicer, in my opinion, is Side which is only a 50 minutes drive from Antalya. See these photos of Side ... https://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/...nclusive/nights=7/adults=2/minstars=3/byprice It has lots of Roman ruins, including the Apollo Temple where Anthony and Cleopatra fell in love, a pretty little harbour, lots of bars, shops and restaurants of all types, many bed and breakfast hotels as well as the expensive 5 star all inclusive ones ... and nothing can be higher than 3 storeys high because the Turkish Government has deemed that Side is an Antiquity City and they wish to preserve it in that manner. The beach in Side is sandy and is the second longest in all of Turkey. The promenade there is the longest in the whole of the Mediterranean. There is a great Saturday market with not just fruit and veg but lots of fake designer goods, jewellery, handbags, T shirts, jeans, shoes, pashminas, underwear, towels, etc. etc. There are many bar/restaurants where you can watch rugby and football on the big screens for free. There are lots of day trips to be had at reasonable prices. Our favourite is the white water rafting which is good for all ages and abilities. In fact the last raft we took out on one of these day trips had a 2 year old and an 81 year old on board with us and nobody fell in or found it a problem going over the white water river in the raft. This website allows you to make your bookings on line and pay 10% then ... the remaining 90% to be paid on the day of the tour ... see here ... https://www.sidedailytours.com/en/ ...
OR there's a 3-star all inclusive hotel called Side Miami Beach Hotel which is only a 2-minute walk to the beach for £32 per person per night All Inclusive, available to book via Hotels.com Friends of mine stay there every year and love the place. All the waiters speak good English there too. Here are a few photos of the hotel ... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl...d=0ahUKEwiqobTVz7zZAhWSh7QKHTigD3kQoioIxQEwCg
Thanks very much Angela, lots to consider! Why Antalya? It's a city I've loved for 30 years, and a complete, and I mean complete, contrast to Datca where I live. I like Side too, but I live within 5 minutes walk of the beach so holidays have to be something different. I'll be re-visiting the museum, and Aspendos - independently rather than an organised trip - and I expect I'll also manage a little shopping!! I've stayed in Kaleyici several times, last time at Alp Pasa a great little boutique hotel, but have opted for the Ramada Plaza this time as I got an excellent deal. Thanks again!
We also love the Alp Paşa. Have you been to Termessos? It is one place that we would definitely re-visit. If I remember correctly it is one of the few cities to hold out successfully against Alexander the Great. When you are there you can see how they managed it.